ArborThrive Plant Health Care
What is ArborThrive?
ArborThrive is a comprehensive plant health care program for trees and shrubs. The goal of the ArborThrive program is to keep your trees healthy and beautiful for years to come through preventive care and maintenance.
ArborThrive addresses potential problems on your property and offers proactive treatments. A proactive approach to managing trees is best, because a reactive approach can be too late.
Trees are susceptible to secondary infections or infestations if primary stressors are not addressed. Multiple, compounding issues kill most trees rather than one single issue. Each issue should be addressed as it arises. Timely diagnosis and treatment can prevent a downward spiral, ultimately resulting in death of the tree.
What Do We Do on Your Property?
The first step of any plant health care program is to identify the type of plants. Most plants have pests specific to them. To know what problems to look for, you must know your plant. Wellnitz Tree Care will identify your trees and the potential issues and pests they may experience during the initial inspection. During the initial visit, we will determine the plant history and diagnose any preexisting conditions. This includes biotic conditions like insects and disease and abiotic issues such as girdling roots, soil compaction, mechanical damage, etc.
Our plant health care technicians will identify potential pest issues and recommend preventive treatments based on the virulence of pathogens. Some tree diseases (Dutch elm, pine wilt) and insects (emerald ash borer) can disrupt flow of chemical treatments and therefore, should be prevented since damaged trees do not respond well to treatment. If the pest has affected the tree to the point of canopy die-back, the only option may be removal.
Prevention is more than chemical applications. We treat abiotic factors such as soil compaction and nutrient deficiencies for a holistic approach to plant vigor.
Many plant problems start underground. Trees like to live in a forest, not in manicured lawns. Sometimes they need help but usually not in the way you might think. We do minimal fertilization, but we can build soil health in other ways that help keep your yard looking nice without sacrificing tree health. Our plant health care technicians will take soil samples to determine nutrient imbalances, soil profile, and soil structure and then suggest corrective measures.
We schedule visits at times when your trees’ pests are most likely to be active. We can catch issues early for rapid management and minimal tree impact.
As Part Of The ArborThrive Plant Health Care Program, You Can Expect
Regularly scheduled inspections
A prepared report with our findings
Communication from us before any additional treatments
If we discover a new pest or issue we will not treat it without prior consent you first.
Combination Of Factors Makes Oak Tree A Cautionary Example
The Value and Benefits of Trees
- Landscaping, especially with healthy trees, can increase property values as much as 20 percent. Management Information Services/ICMA
- USDA Forest Service Trees improve water quality by reducing runoff and erosion.
- They allow recharging of the groundwater supply.
- The net cooling effect of a young, healthy tree is equivalent to ten room-size air conditioners operating 20 hours a day. U.S. Department of Agriculture
- A mature well-maintained tree, can have an appraised value of between $1,000 and $10,000. Council of Tree and Landscape Appraisers
- Trees properly placed around buildings can reduce air conditioning needs by 30 percent and can save 20–50 percent in energy used for heating.
- Trees can be a stimulus to economic development. Commercial retail areas are more attractive to shoppers, apartments rent more quickly, tenants stay longer, and space in a wooded setting is more valuable to sell or rent. USDA Forest Service
- In laboratory research, visual exposure to settings with trees has produced significant recovery from stress within five minutes, as indicated by changes in blood pressure and muscle tension.